Congressional App Challenge
The United States House of Representatives founded the Congressional App Challenge (CAC) to encourage students to learn coding and innovation techniques. The CAC inspires students to learn how to code through a district-wide competition for the chance to be recognized on the national level for excellence in the field of computer science.
- Registration is now OPEN!
- November 1st: Deadline for students to register and submit their app online
- Late November: Judging period
- December: Winners announced!
- Students must either be in middle school or high school.
- Students can participate in up to teams of four. At least 50% of the team must either live or go to school in Florida’s 27th District in order to qualify.
- For solo applicants, the student must either live or go to school in Florida’s 27th District.
- Students have until NOVEMBER 1, 2021, to submit their apps.
- Apps can be coded on any platform, using any programming language, on any topic.
- A video demonstrating the App
- A summary of the App
- Inspiration for the App
- Coding language used
- Technical difficulties encountered
- Improvement in Version 2.0 of App
- Contact information
- Register on the Congressional App Challenge website.
- Design and create your app.
- Submit your app before NOVEMBER 1, 2021.
- The winner will be announced by December 31, 2021, and will be honored at #HouseofCode, have their App displayed in Capitol for one year, and have the chance to receive additional prizes.
Find a full list of student eligibility, submission requirements, and how to participate here.